Project Manager (International)
Date entered: 2017-11-01
Requisition no: 295
Conti Federal Services is currently searching for a qualified International Construction Project Manager with significant experience on international projects. This position will manage project site offices overseas and coordinate with the Conti home office support team to deliver resources and meet project schedules and budgets. The individual selected will be required to reside overseas for an extended period of time.
Both a US citizenship and an active Secret level security clearance are required for this position.
About the International Project Manager
As an International Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Project Management Team to achieve the overall success, and timely completion of construction projects. You will plan and manage project activities and schedules and provide technical consultation to project teams, government agencies and clients. This position is responsible for safety, quality, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition, the PM is responsible for the business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as business development.
Specific Responsibilities for the Project Manager
- Builds the project management team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining top performers
- Promotes communication, resolves issues and shares ideas so the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed
- Provides effective supervision and management of personnel
- Leads and enforces the safety and quality policies and procedures, and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors
- Audits projects effectively and informs the COR if deadlines are in jeopardy
- Works to beat the labor and other cost budgets
- Maximizes cash flow by aggressively adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner-initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits
- Responds to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Leads the development of the project schedule with superintendents and ensures the team is executing to the plan
- Produces complete subcontracts with the required documentation and ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the company’s standards
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work
- Actively participates in Marketing and Estimating department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies
Qualifications for the Construction Project Manager
The right candidate must have:
- US citizenship
- An active Secret level security clearance **REQUIRED**
- Ten or more years of knowledge and experience as a Project Manager executing similar sized government construction projects
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Construction Science/Technology
- Experience and knowledge in all project requirements including insurance, bonding, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.
- Experience and knowledge with all aspects of design/bid/build contract execution of construction projects supporting U.S. Government agencies including Department of State, Overseas Building Operations, and/or US Army Corps of Engineers
- Understanding and knowledge of pertinent federal laws, codes and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well-defined planning problems
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Conti Federal Services provides construction services to the US Federal Government. Differentiated by speed and the agility to get things done right, we have a long record of delivering complex projects on aggressive schedules. We are headquartered in Edison, New Jersey and provide services worldwide.
Conti has competitive starting salaries, vacation packages and great benefits! We provide medical, dental and vision on the first day of your employment. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well. Conti is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position